Fall has officially begun! And more importantly, the school year is well underway keeping the GradeSlam team as busy as ever. We are nearing the one month mark in FounderFuel and things are really taking off here in Montreal. We have also permanently moved our offices into Notman House. The change of location isn’t the only thing that’s new with GradeSlam, check out some key announcements from the last month:
1. Top 10 in Montreal: GradeSlam has been selected by Tourisme Montreal as one of the top “10 Montreal Startups You Need To Know About” - alongside companies like Frank & Oak, Lightspeed, OMSignal and Luxury Retreats! You can read the full list here.
2. Satisfied Students: Confidence levels were high on GradeSlam last month. Over 96% of students reported feeling more confident with their material after their tutoring session. Big kudos go out to our amazing tutors for this feat. No doubt, GradeSlam is students' choice for getting homework help!
3. MTL EdTech Meetup Presented by GradeSlam - October 22, 2015: The Montreal EdTech community will finally have a meetup! The October event will be held at Notman House on October 22, 2015 from 5:30pm - 8pm. All are welcome to attend and we would love to see you there. The event is completely free and will have some drinks & snacks provided by our partners. The panel theme is “Classroom Technology Being Used By Modern Day Students”. Register for the meetup here & share the event with other teachers and EdTech enthusiasts.
4. FounderFuel: We are now nearly one month into FounderFuel (the Accelerator Program run by Real Ventures). Notman House has been buzzing with constant workshops, pitch competitions, mentor meetings, and speaker series. In particular, we have been working closely with Sylvain Carle, Sam Haffar and the rest of the Real Ventures team. Big thanks to all the mentors who have helped GradeSlam so far too.
5. Mixte Magazine Feature: GradeSlam was featured in the Fall edition of ultra-luxury Mixte Magazine as it hit newsstands this month. The article titled “Virtual Tutoring” showcases GradeSlam’s game changing capabilities and really sheds light on the way instant tutoring will reshape the tutoring landscape.
6. EdSurge Summits: GradeSlam was hand selected to present at EdSurge’s Tech for Schools Teacher Summits in both New Orleans and Toronto. The events aggregate hundreds of teachers who provide feedback and champion your product in their schools. Teachers also provide unbiased reviews of products & GradeSlam received a WHOPPING 4.65/5 overall rating.
That’s all for this month. We are so grateful for your continued support of GradeSlam. If you have any comments or questions about GradeSlam we would love to hear from you! We encourage you to check out the new website and share your thoughts.
Phil Cutler, CEO
Founded in 2014, Paper is an Educational Support System (ESS) providing students with 24/7 live help & essay review, and teachers with real-time feedback and intervention tools. Paper partners with districts across North America to close the achievement gap and support educational equity.